Have you ever dreamed of building your own custom home? A home that is perfectly suited for your lifestyle? There are many advantages to building a custom modular home in Virginia or North Carolina over buying a home that is already built. However, there are countless decisions to make and questions to answer before your vision can become a reality.
After choosing the location, one of the hardest decisions will be whether to build a one-story modular home or a traditional two-story custom modular home. This is something that only you can decide. It mostly depends on your needs at the time you make the decision. For instance, a single person will have completely different needs than a family with children.
Let's break the two home styles down and use some of our most popular homes as a guide for the two:
- One-story home: consider our popular Ranch Style modular home
- Ranch style homes appeal to families with young children. Keeping the younger ones off the stairs is big on the priority list
- A one-story home is easier to clean
- In the event of a fire, ranch style homes are easier to escape because there are no second floor windows
- Achieving the right temperature in a one-story home is easier than in a two-story home.
- A ranch home requires more land than a two-story home
- For older adults a ranch style home might accommodate better to their needs. Climbing stairs becomes more difficult as we get older
- Ranch homes allow the home builder to vary the ceiling heights, making it more attractive
- Two-story home: consider our Traditional 2-Story Modular Homes
- A two-story home is built on a smaller foot print
- For a custom home builder, two-story homes are easier and cheaper to build
- For families with older children, the stairs might become an advantage. They offer greater separation of living areas
- Even the inconvenience of going up or down the stairs can be turned into a positive by exercise enthusiasts. They consider the trek a form of daily exercise
- A vacuum cleaner feels a lot heavier when you have to drag it to different floors
- The luxury of a two-story home gives you confidence and security
- Two-story residents feel safer from the threat of a burglar
There are many more factors in your decision, obviously, but this list is intended to bring out points of discussion for your selection. While both selections will give you quality and assurance when it comes to what you need the decision is purely yours. Deciding to build a custom home is not for the faint hearted. We are here to help in any way possible when deciding your dream home, so if you have any questions or concerns contact us today.